"DIN" IN THE QUR'AN -- Intellect and Language
Concepts such as DIN (RELIGION) have been corrupted by their
contemporary usage, and moreover, this corruption has become the
essence of them. By comparing the contemporary uses with the
completeness and consistency of their use in the Qur'an, we can expose
the illusion that has been invented to perpetuate the fraud. In other
words, the relationship between the Qur'anic use and the contemporary
use of these words and concepts is like the relationship between the
transformation of Musa's staff into a serpent and the illusion of the
sorcerers' strings as snakes.
Here is a summary of the use of "DIN" in the Qur'an, a grammatical
- Allah (chosen/ordained) for you the DIN
- Allah (establish) for them their DIN
- Allah said: I perfected DIN
- I have chosen for you al-Islam as DIN
- Allah send messenger with the DIN of truth that may cause it to
prevail over DIN
- Allah said: people of scripture! stress not in your DIN other than
- would you teach Allah your DIN?
- the DIN (for/with/of) Allah
- the DIN of truth
- pure DIN is for Allah
- making (their/my) DIN pure for Allah
- keeping DIN pure for Allah
- on the day of DIN the command is Allah's
- establish the DIN
- pharaoh said: Moses will alter your DIN
- according to king's DIN
- give the lie to someone about the DIN
- the day of DIN
- have they partners made lawful for them in their DIN that which
Allah allowed not
- DIN will happen
- to war against someone on account of DIN
- people of scripture
- they take their DIN for pastime and jest
- (they-split-up/they-sunder) their DIN and become schimatics
- their DIN had (deluded/beguiled) them
- their partners make their DIN obscure for them
- it deceived them regarding their DIN
- if you are in doubt of my DIN
See how "DIN" is hooked up to "MILLET":
- who is better in DIN than one who surrendered one's purpose to
Allah while doing good and follows the MILLET of Abraham, the upright,
Allah chose Abraham for friend.
esleme=surrendered, veche=purpose, muhsin=good, TEBEA=follow, MILLET,
Abraham, hanif=upright, halilen=friend)
- and the jews will not be pleased with you, nor the
christians, till you follow their MILLET. Say: guidance of Allah is
guidance. And if you should follow their desires after the knowledge
which had come unto you, then would you have from Allah no protecting
friend nor helper.
TEBEA=follow, ILM=knowledge, veliy=friend(?), HEDA=guidance,
- He had chosen you and had not laid upon you in DIN
any hardship; the MILLET of your father Abraham. He had named you
muslims of old time and in this (scripture)...
(dini-min-haracin=din-with-no-hardship, millet, Abraham,
- say: as for me, my Lord had guided me unto a straight path, a
right DIN, the MILLET of Abraham, the upright, who was no
sratin-mustakim=straight-path, dinen-kiyemen=right- din,
I think there are enough examples here in the Qur'an which give you a
solid overview of how you can use this word "DIN" without ending up in
the maze of metaphysicians' "DIN=RELIGION"?! Keep this as a record so
that we know where we are when you use this word "DIN" and someone
else uses it. Our aim is to have a clear, functional language so that
we can communicate and use INTELLECT (ÙAQL). Let me give you an
extremely valuable tip, if you are really willing to grab the workings
of a language, then you should start from "will=SHÙA", because this is
the knot-head which will lead you to other words in an orderly
fashion, so that you may get full access to INTELLECT (ÙAQL). Here is
a simile for you:
If you don't know how to use "UNIX", how can you gain access to a
UNIX-machine and utilize all the goodies of it?
If you don't know how to use the words of language, then how can you
gain access to INTELLECT?
You've got the right, but what is missing?
How can you ACCESS THE INTELLECT without a sound LANGUAGE?
This article can be reproduced provided that full credit is given to
Bu yazi anadolu'ya atif yapilmak kaydiyla kopyalanabilir.
For your comments / Yorumlariniz için
Please reference the article title, volume, and number
Lütfen yazi basligi, cilt ve numarayi belirtin